Friday, July 1, 2011

I do not have any news but, you can look at my little girl's activities

Bike ridingMS150 Bike Ride June 25/26 2011

The ride was a success again this year!  My time was better than last year, and I raised more money!

The day began at 5am at Front Range Community College.  Douglas not only drove me to the college, but he spent some time with the team and I and took some photos for us.  The Motley Spokes team started all together, 32 strong this year!  I rode the entire ride with Frank and a few others joined us on and off.  The first three hours were overcast which was very much appreciated.  Before noon at about mile 60 we were ascending our biggest climb of the ride as the temperature hit 90 degrees.  Two miles before the end of the the first day several of us witnessed a rider fall pretty hard on a turn.  Frank and I got him and his bike out of the street and we waited for the medics to come.  As we were waiting several other teammates joined us on the corner of the street in Fort Collins so we could finish together.  Despite his big fall, the rider was told he was fine to continue on.

The second day was pretty uneventful, but more difficult than the first day.  Frank and I waited quite a while for a teammate to get some new clips installed on his shoes at the first rest stop, but otherwise kept a pretty good pace.  Things were going well until my left knee gave up about 10 miles before the finish.  I pretty much pedaled in the last 10 miles with one leg, but everything was fine within minutes of completing the ride :)  Four of us met a half mile before the finish so we would go through the finish together.  Larry, Franks' wife and Douglas were there to cheer us through the finish line.

Looking forward to another ride next year!

Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment